Victorians - Get the Facts!
No case for legalising assisted suicide can be made on the basis that this is the only possible response to Australians facing unrelievable pain. Rather Australians need universal access to gold standard palliative care which can alleviate pain, including using palliative sedation as a last resort.
Like capital punishment, legalising assisted suicide is not safe and cannot be made safe for all Australians. Legalising assisted suicide is unnecessary, unsafe and bad public policy.
Please feel free to download these FACT SHEETS, share them with your friends as well as, most importantly, your local Members of Parliament.
Get the facts!
HOPE has prepared a series of FACT SHEETS looking at assisted suicide from a number of important perspectives.
- Assisted Suicide - is the Oregon Model a model worth following? (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide is bad public policy (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide - is it really for 'enduring and unbearable suffering'? (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide and the risk of coercion and elder abuse (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide - a disability perspective (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide and mental health (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted suicide and suicide prevention - confusing messages (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide and the Death Penalty (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide - the case from the Coroner’s Court: does it add up? (FACT SHEET)
- Assisted Suicide - death expected in not longer than 12 months (FACT SHEET)
To raise your voice with your Victorian Members of Parliament, click HERE for more details.